1. Our Winter Carnivals will be December 17th (Family surnames A-M) and December 19th (Family surnames N-Z) from 6:00 - 7:30. Come whenever you can, stay for as long as you can, as the evening will consist of stations with a variety of activities. Visit a couple or visit them all!
3. We applied and we were chosen! We will be welcoming Tony Dalton, an independent Education Consultant specializing in Parent Engagement in Learning, for two days in November. He comes to us from Melbourne and will work with a group of staff and parents. The school is very fortunate to have been chosen as the opportunity was only given to a handful of Regina schools.
4. Some of you may have noticed the traffic blitz that occurred last Thursday morning, organized in response to the voiced concerns of residents. Three traffic unit members, 1 school resource officer, and 4 city bylaw officers were kept busy issuing warnings and tickets. In total, they handed out 31 parking and/or stopping in traffic tickets, 2 speeding tickets, and numerous warnings.
5. The CAA has developed some excellent resources regarding school traffic. For videos and tips please follow this LINK.
6. Our Lost & Found baskets are overflowing! On conference day please take the time to check out the items in both bootrooms if you are missing ski pants, a water bottle, a sweater, etc.. Anything still left over after the 15th will be donated.
7. When visiting the school always stop in at the office to announce your arrival. If you are picking up your child or if you have something to drop off during the day we are happy to call your child down. If you need to go to the classroom we ask that you take the time to sign in and acquire a visitor's badge so all staff know you have checked in. We are responsible for the safety of all our students so knowing who is in the building is necessary. We also want to protect the learning time so ask that you arrange any meetings in advance as the teachers are not able to leave their classes unattended.
Thanks and stay warm,