Hello Wascana Plains Families!
1. As you know, our bussing is shared with St. Elizabeth and managed by LP3. It has been decided that there is not enough room on East Green Brooks Way for the 9 buses currently parking out front so 2 buses will be relocated to Chuka (by the staff parking lot) as of Monday, November 18th. That area, currently a no stopping zone, will be reserved parking for the Pony and Fish buses. Only the Dog bus will park in front of the school.
2. We are having a very special raffle here at Wascana Plains!! The teachers have put together some amazing baskets for us to raffle off during our conferences on Friday, November 15th. The money raised from this raffle will all go towards the United Way and the amazing partnership programs that they have with Regina Public Schools.
There is a Spa themed basket, a Family Games Night basket, a Tim Hortons gift card tree, a Get to Know our Neighbourhood prize, and a couple of amazing sports baskets filled with some 22 Fresh items, clothing, and so much more! There is something for everyone! This could be the start of early Christmas shopping for you and your family.
Ticket Prices are:
1 for $2
3 for $5
10 for $10
Purchase as many tickets as you like. Put all your tickets in one basket, or divide them up amongst all the baskets. It’s your choice!
At 4:30 on Friday afternoon, we’ll draw the winning ticket for each basket and will post the ticket number on the SCC Facebook page, our school Twitter account and the website. If you’re one of the lucky winners, please contact the school to claim your prize!
Come find Ms. Cornwall at the United Way table on Friday November 15th. She’ll have a smile and tickets waiting for you!
3. Representatives from our SCC will also be on hand near the front door to accept any book donations for our school library and/or classrooms.
4. If you were not able to book your conference time with our Soft School Conference Manager please contact your teacher for a time. I would also welcome any feedback as to the online conference manager itself as this was a first for our school!
3. And a final reminder to please take your shoes to your child's boot room on Friday rather than leave them at the front door. The piles of shoes create a safety hazard.
See you soon!