The Wascana Plains School Community Council's AGM and first meeting of the year will be Thursday, September 20th at 7:00. Everyone is invited to attend!
Roles and Responsibilities of School Community Councils
According to Regina Public Schools Policy 18, School Community Councils are established to:
- Facilitate continuing communication and promote mutual understanding between the school and the community.
- Encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in the learning success and the well-being of all students.
- Provide an ongoing organization through which the advice of parents/guardians, students and electors may be brought to the attention of the Board.
This meeting will include the election of vacant voting council member positions. From that group the open executive positions will be chosen. For 2018-2019 the open positions are vice-chair and secretary. Individuals wishing to serve on our School Community Council and who wish to be included on the list of candidates must:
- Contact the school in the four-week period prior to the AGM (Annual General Meeting) and request that their name be included on the list of candidates. (Please send an email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- During the AGM, self-declare, or request, in writing, that their name be placed on the list.
- During the AGM, individuals may receive a nomination from the floor and agree to let their name stand for election. In this last case, these individuals must be at the AGM.
Elected members serve for 2 years. Our present chair, Wendy Ottenson, and our treasurer, Lisa Kress, will hold their positions for the 2018-2019 school year.
For more information about the council please visit http://www.rbe.sk.ca/resources/school-community-councils