Good afternoon families,
1. We are accepting Kindergarten 2020-2021 registrations so please stop in at the office to pick one up or download one from our webpage. A meeting will occur in May so please ensure we have an email address as we will communicate via email once the details are confirmed.
2. The SCC (School Community Council) is planning a variety of Parent Information Nights and the first one is Thursday, February 6th from 7-8:30 PM in our Music Room. "The Blanket Exercise begins with blankets arranged on the floor to represent Canada before the arrival of European explorers. This exercise traces the history of the relationship between Europeans and Indigenous nations in Canada. The participants will engage in an interactive simulation about the history of Canada as it pertains to Indigenous Worldview." This is an adult-only event but we will consider hiring babysitters if this helps you attend. Please call the office (306 523-3770) or send us an email as RSVP's are required. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Would you like a day off from making lunch? The lunch will be on February 27, 2020 and supplied by Boston Pizza, Acre 21. To order head to www.healthyhunger.ca and either create an account or simply log into your account. Once you are logged into Healthy Hunger you are able to order lunch and pay for it. If you normally go home for lunch, you are more than welcome to order and stay for lunch. Please remember you must order 5 days prior to the lunch, by February 22, 2020. There will be no late orders accepted, so please order ASAP. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lisa Kress 306-737-7080 or email@example.com.
4. Progress Reports are coming home on Friday but remember you can always check in to see how your child is doing via the Parent Portal. If you do not have your student-specific code please stop in at the office.
5. Farewell 2020 is an opportunity for us to celebrate our grade 8 students before they move on to high school. Please mark your calendars for Monday, June 22 (6-7PM).
Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend!